Monday, January 24, 2011

Plastic Tableclohs 120

shouting and respect

In recent days I feel so a lousy mother because I realize that I often get angry and scold FiglioPig because I expect things to him that maybe I should not expect. The reason is that the stretch too big, it empowers more than it should and did I forget to have only 3 years.
For example in the last day I really yelled a lot, maybe too mortifying for the voice. The problem is that FiglioPig always speaks in a very loud and with a volume similar to that of the Porta Palazzo mercatari *. ALWAYS . Consider then that child is a very lively and talkative and loves to sing madly and try to imagine the earache that comes to anyone in our house more than 5 minutes. Now think about that at home there is also a creature of two months, FigliaPig, that day would like to sleep a few hours. Here, the poor girl over the weekend failed to close my eyes because it was constantly awakened by the screams of his brother, from his travels, his jumps, the various fire trucks with sirens, etc.. At about 18 it was also rightly angry (he cried for an hour), because he was so tired that I could not sleep anymore.
So, long story short I started to scold FiglioPig for her voice, demanding that talking to a normal tone of voice, explaining that we would have heard the same. Of course all these were not used to much scolding, but I'm a girl that does not give up so I continued and continued and continued and continued every time he opened his mouth .... and in the end I felt like a shit. And I just thought it was very mortifying and just three years is perhaps not yet able to realize that his voice is really exaggerated. Idem when scolded him down because the container of Lego on the floor in bedroom while sleeping FigliaPig to 10 cm away (and invariably wakes up).
Rationally I know that is not doing anything serious, are not these behaviors "Incorrect" that should be corrected and are in fact normal behavior for a child of three years and before he was born FigliaPig I never dreamed of scolding for this. At the same time I think it is important to the concept of respect. And now that it is no longer an only child I'm trying to get him to understand it must also respect the time of his sister. Just today I told him (as they sleep in the same room) when FigliaPig cries at night because he is hungry, I just carry it away from his room to keep him awake in the same way and therefore he must respect the sleep of FigliaPig and not make too much noise and shouting when she sleeps.
He has understood the theory, I know, but is stronger than him, continues to make noise and shouting and waking FigliaPig.
I theory I get it, because I feel like a poop, but it's stronger than me: I keep scolding the alarm, even though I know I should be more sympathetic.


* Porta Palazzo is the most famous and chaotic market in Turin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment